"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Costa Concordia Revisted July 2014

Costa Concordia July 2014

It has now been over two years since the horrible day when the Costa Concordia went aground on a coral reef at Giglio, Italy. I have reported a few times on the progress of the removal of the cruise ship, and it looks like now it will finally happen.


Costa Concordia divers


This is a link for a video taken yesterday of the condition of the ship, seen by divers.
Costa Concordia July 2014

My heart still goes out to the relatives and friends of the passengers who lost their lives. I also feel very sorry for the residents of the island of Giglio to have to look at this constant reminder of what happened two years ago. And what is happening with the Captain now? Is he still in jail? That I need to look in to and will let you readers know.

Some interior shots from the ship ...


Costa Concordia interior photo

Reception area on Concordia courtesy of Italian Carabinieri

Costa Concordia staircase

No comments:

Post a Comment