"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Monday, June 13, 2016

Cinque Terre: Here I Come

Vernazza, Liguria
I loved Liguria the last time I was there. We docked somewhere else but then took the bus to LaSpezia and a boat to Portofino. It is truly one of the most beautiful places on earth. At the time, I was sad because the shore excursion to the Cinque Terre was sold out. I waitlisted but couldn't get on. So here once again, I am looking forward to a trip from Rome to Barcelona. Our stop in Livorno has an excursion to Cinque Terre, and this time I will book early.

Monterosso, Italy
The tour goes to three of the five towns of the Cinque Terre from the ship. I toyed with a private tour, but since I am traveling alone and don't know if I will meet anybody to go with me, I will probably use the ship tour. The private tour was $1,322 dollars ... up to 5 people. Sounds kind of steep.

Manarola, one of the towns of the Cinque Terre
I think Manarola is the one we always think of when we hear about Cinque Terre. I just love the way the buildings are of all different shades of sherbert and lean precariously on the mountainside.

No comments:

Post a Comment