"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Walking Around Venice 2015


On my one full day in Venice, I took a walk in the early morning from my hotel near the Piazzale Roma to St. Mark's Square. Took over an hour one way. It was a gorgeous walk. The sun was out. It wasn't too hot yet. 


There are just so many wonderful things about Venice - all the stuff going on and how it is all done on the water, the buildings crumbling in to the sea with such grace, and the most delightful architectural features. 



When I finally reached St. Mark's Square at 9am, it was already mobbed with people. Long lines waiting to get in to the Cathedral. I didn't see the need to tour inside again. I was happy to people watch.


Way more photos and architectural goodies to follow!


No comments:

Post a Comment