"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Statues of the MNAC Museum at Barcelona

Gothic Art Virgin circa 1300 at MNAC

The MNAC Museum of Barcelona has the most intriguing statuary. I especially loved the area where most of the statues are from around 1300 and carved in wood. They are all religious statues.

St. John the Evangelist circa 1300




This guy has an especially interesting nose.


Saint Bertrand circa 1300

Finally, this is of Santa Lucia.


Santa Lucia at the MNAC
I guess that translates to St. Lucy? More information on the MNAC Museum and especially the Gothic collection can be found here.

1 comment: