"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Monday, May 13, 2013

People Watching at the MNAC Barcelona

MNAC Barcelona
The Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya is a wonderful museum at Barcelona. The treasures include many findings from archaeological sites all over Catalunya and beyond. I finally made it there after three failed attempts. Before entering the museum though, what interested me was the people outside. 


Outside tower MNAC Barcelona
The air was cool and crisp, the sun hot and the sky was the most beautiful shade of blue. I took about fifteen minutes to snap some shots outside before going in. 


Lovely couple outside MNAC studying a map
First I stumbled upon this lovely couple so engrossed in their map.


Couple outside the MNAC

From the looks of it, the gentleman was sure of where to go. From her face, not so much so.


Youth in front of the MNAC fountain
A few minutes later, this young woman stood in front of the MNAC fountain and was telling her friend something. Next thing I know she struck a pose and I got a great photo.


Youth striking a pose in front of MNAC
For more information on this great museum, click here.

2 comments: