"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Rome Cabs: Five Stars Once Again

Photo courtesy of Rome Cabs
I realized after I booked my cruise that I would be traveling from the Rome Airport to Civitavecchia on the exact same date one year later. Rome Cabs provided such an awesome service, of course I booked with them again. Was I ever surprised and pleased that the same driver, Irene, was waiting for me with a sign with my name on it after my long flight. I couldn't have been happier to see her. She now speaks more English and between her Italian and English and my Spanish and English, we had a nice conversation on our way to the port. She is a lovely young woman, a transplant from Poland. She could not be nicer and more service-oriented.

I believe that attitude starts at the top and the owner of Rome Cabs, Stefano Costantini is amazing. He has communicated with me many times directly and I have only taken two transfers with them. The service they provide is five star. Between their detailed instructions on their website and the video that shows you where to meet your driver when you arrive, and the follow up, I know it will be a smooth ride in every way. Having traveled in to Fiumicino Airport two other times, I know what can go wrong. Not being able to communicate with the Italian taxi drivers and ending up having to take two vehicles just to fit luggage to not finding our driver at all on another trip when I booked with somebody else, I used to dread arriving at Rome Airport. Not anymore. If you have a flight in to Rome or need to go to the port, use Rome Cabs. They also do tours. To learn more about Rome Cabs, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment