"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Port of Civitavecchia

Holland America Eurodam  at Civitavecchia
Looking forward to another cruise from the port of Civitavecchia. Having left from there last year, I would never believe I would be lucky enough to travel from there again. This will be my third cruise from Civitavecchia.

Tugboat at Civitavecchia port



What many people do not realize who never traveled from Rome for a cruise is that the cruise does not leave from Rome at all. It leaves from the port of Civitavecchia. 

Civitavecchia port

I love the town. It is so charming and the people so friendly. More information on this port town can be found here. I love to go in the day before and wander around, eat at the local establishments and generally bask in the pleasures of this small and quaint town.

Civitavecchia Port from Holland America Eurodam deck



No comments:

Post a Comment