"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Graffiti of Barcelona part 2


As mentioned in my Barcelona Graffiti post part 1, our ship docked in Barcelona on May Day, the 1st of May. Almost everything was closed, which gave us a great view of all the roll down doors of all the shops.


This is part 2 of my walk through the Barri Gothic. 




Really interesting is the graffiti on graffiti that I found on many of the doors. Note for instance above, it appears that the larger graffiti in orange and black saying Nota or note ... no. 10! has had some cruder graffiti added above.


I was unable to read this last one, so I hope I am not offending anyone. Can somebody tell me what this says?

1 comment: