"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tunis: Rue de La Kasba


Rue de La Kasba



Our tour group from the Holland America Eurodam took an early morning stroll along Rue de la Kasba by the Medina at Tunis. It was quiet, almost nobody about. The only thing we heard was the sound of a few shopkeepers moving display cases around, and we smelled the ever present aroma of dust and cigarettes. 



Ever present beautiful blue doors

Minaret of Al-Zaytuna Mosque
Our group

Our feet ... could not resist!



I love how the street signs are in Arabic and French. The name of the street is also a great combo ... Rue de la ... Kasba. More information on this lovely area can be found here.


1 comment: