"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Taormina: Revisited

I knew as I was posting on Sunday that I hadn't located all my photos of Taormina, Sicily. I remembered snapping a few photos of the locals huddled in groups discussing the elections from the day before. 


locals huddling discussing election results


closer up view in front of amazing shop




And of course all the architectural details I love so well in another of my gargoyle posts.


Wall detail in stone





Door detail

Post detail
Taormina is chock full of wonderful details. It is laid-back, safe and full of friendly people. It truly is one of those rare and special places on earth. I got to thinking maybe I needed an excuse to return and I stumbled on a language school that teaches immersion Italian. Now that would be special.


If you are interested, check out Babilonia Italian Language School

Sounds like a dream come true!


Last but not least, a photo of the youngest member of our tour group in Taormina. 

1 comment: