"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Gargoyles & Graffiti 2015

me in Monte Carlo

So it is now March of 2015. In June, my blog will be four years old. Gargoyles and Graffiti ... wow, it is hard to believe. I am having a severe case of writer's block, but I have a trip coming up in June. So hopefully I will get some inspiration from that. I will be attending the wedding of my beloved niece, Sarah, in Norfolk, England and then on to an Eastern Med cruise.


Terrace house walls at Ephesus


I was able to upgrade my room this week from an inside cabin to an oceanview with windows facing front, a few floors under the bridge. Pysched about that. Not only was it not more money, I saved a whopping $32 dollars. I am going with my all favorite line, Holland America, so I couldn't be happier. It is on the Zuiderdam, which is a Vista class ship just like the Noordam. It will be getting out of dry dock the month before we sail.



my niece Sarah in Santorini

My niece, Sarah, and I did the Roman Empire cruise on the Holland America Noordam in 2008. It included Ephesus, Santorini, Malta, Olympia, Corfu and Dubrovnik, that began and ended in Rome ... well really Civitavecchia. We stayed in Civitavecchia at the beginning and ended with a few days in Rome.


Ephesus


This time I will sail from Venice and visit Olympia, Nafplion, Athens, Ephesus, Mykonos, Rhodes, Santorini and Naples. The cruise ends in Rome. I have never been to Nafplion, Mykonos or Rhodes ... so I can't wait to see some new sites.



Owner and his son on a boat trip from Malta harbor

Most of these great photos my niece took. Thanks, Sarah!


No comments:

Post a Comment