"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Monday, January 26, 2015

King's Lynn I Go

Norwich, UK
My trip has been planned for more than a year. The momentous occasion of my niece Sarah's wedding is in June of 2015. This is the same Sarah that was my traveling companion back in 2007 and 2008. She is the oldest daughter of my brother Tim.


Sandringham


The area where she lives in England is called East Anglia, and most of the buildings are over 500 years old. Above is a photo of Norwich. Sarah actually lives in King's Lynn, not far from the Queen's Sandringham Estate.


Town Hall King's Lynn


Can't wait to walk around and enjoy King's Lynn. It is one of the Hanseatic cities, just like Bergen, Norway. There are quite a few walking tours I am interested in taking while I am there.

On another note ...




Little baby Nicky 3 days old
So far it has proved to be a very exciting year. Sarah's younger sister, Emma, just had her first baby. Of course I think little Nicky is just perfect. Don't you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment