"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Girona Part 2: Cathedral and Gargoyle Sentiments

Pigeon homes at Girona Cathedral
The Roman Catholic Cathedral of St. Mary of Girona has some superb architectural features. The pigeons who live there agree. According to wikipedia, St. Mary of Girona was started in the 11th century in the Romanesque style, and later continued in the 13th century in the Gothic style. More great information on this great Cathedral can be found here on wikipedia. I always love the fascinating story of all the European Churches and Cathedrals.



Another pigeon home at Girona Cathedral
It is definitely a place where gargoyle-sentiment abounds. Note the following architectural details.





It is also a spiritual place. The aura is quite lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment