"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Norwegian Jade: Here I Come

Norwegian Jade
A few weeks from now, I will be on my yearly cruise to Europe. Using points for my airlines ticket and negotiating an amazing price, I was able once again to scrape together the money to go. It is the way I recharge my interior design batteries, so it is as much a work trip as a pleasure trip. I spend two weeks immersing myself in all the architecture of Europe and a lot of gorgeous beach scenery too. Cozumel is beautiful, but nothing beats a mountain view from the water. It is different and makes me appreciate where I live so much more when I get back.

Cagney's Steak House on Norwegian Jade

I can't wait to continue my gargoyles and graffiti tradition, but I also plan to eat well. I made four reservations in specialty restaurants. I will dine alone, with my Kindle in hand just in case I need it. I never know if I will read or end up chatting. Either way works for me. I have dinner reservations in Cagney's Steak House, Jasmine Garden, the Brazilian Churrascaria restairant called Moderno and Le Bistro, the French restaurant. I had dinner at the French restaurant on Jade's sister ship, The Pride of America, and it was great.

Jasmine Garden on Norwegian Jade
I am not sure how much pool time I will have as I am going on excursions every day in port. I also love to walk around the deck, so I only hope the 7th floor deck is as good as HAL's lower promenade for walking.

Pool area on the Norwegian Jade
Outdoor cafe area on Norwegian Jade
Can't wait now ... only 14 days until I leave for Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment