"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Cozumel: A Day in the Life

Parking lot in Cozumel with great paint colors outside
I have lived in Cozumel for over 11 years. I love Cozumel. It is not only a great cruise ship port; it is a place with a large ex-pat community, friendly locals, clear crystal waters and great diving. It is a laid back place where flip flops and jeans are our formal wear. Barefoot is our casual wear.

Saturday, I snapped a few photos as I went about my daily routine. The parking lot in the photo above is across the street from where I usually park. It is next to one of my favorite island dogs, who is always happy to give a greeting.

Local dog and very friendly
Favorite parking lot attendant

Feet ... me and parking lot guy, couldn't resist!



The parking lot where I park each day also serves as a carpentry shop and the storage of the Nando hot dog carts. Nando's hot dogs are island famous and delicious .... you can have an especial with mayo, mustard, onion, bacon and cheese wrapped around the dog. But the Nando's locations, like all the hot dog places, are only open at night. We eat our main meal during the afternoon and a lighter meal at night.

Nando's hot dog cart storage during the day



Girasoles Restaurant
Giraoles Restaurant is around the corner and also owned by the same family as the large parking lot where I usually park my car. It is a great place to have breakfast or lunch. I especially like the club sandwich served with fries.

Sol beer truck
 A beer delivery was going on while I walked around taking photos. It was close to one of my favorite benches in Cozumel! Sit down and rest a spell. That is what Cozumel is all about.

Mosaic bench outside dive shop

 

2 comments: