"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Mycenae & the Museum

me at Mycenae
One of the crew members snapped a photo of me as I was walking to the top of the archaeological site at Mycenae. 



We then went on to the Museum, which was quite impressive although small. Here is another photo of me. I actually like this one better. You can see quite a bit of the excavated walls.

Wall painting at the Mycenae Museum


The museum had some great tools and kitchen utensils, as well as some well-preserved and beautiful wall paintings. Some of the restoration is not as well done, which can be seen here.

poorly reconstructed wall painting at Mycenae

The Museum at Nafplion is small but very well done. Here is a professional photograph of the Musem. 



I am dying to talk about either gargolyes or graffiti, but alas, this portion of the trip did not lend itself to either. Off to Athens, where I should be able to find at least graffiti!


1 comment:

  1. So overall what did you think of Greece this time? I know you were there a few years ago as well.

    ReplyDelete