"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Transatlantic Journaling Part 2

Hubby Moises and our niece Jimena

April 10th
Started on my third book today. Still not bored. I am thinking about Sunday, when we reach Horta, Portugal, not because I need to get off the ship. More just something to look forward to. Each day I think of little things to do, whether it is a dinner or just a trip to the Crow's Nest, the place where I am now writing this. After walking two miles on the deck (I am now up to 7 miles all together) ... I sit with my shoes off and look out to sea. There are windows that wrap around the front of the ship with cream leather chairs and big corduroy chocolate sofas. Jazz playa in the background.
Some of my best times are when I am alone, reading or writing.

Crow's Nest Lounge where I read my books


April 15th
Boat is making a very strange noise under the Explorer's Bar deck 3. Tried to go to the Dutch Tea, but it was so crowded with many people waiting. I am ready to get off the boat. It is our last sea day. Don't want to leave but am looking forward to excursions and getting off the boat for the days ahead. Gibraltar, Motril, Alicante, Palma de Mallorca and finally Barcelona.

I am up to 12 miles walking. 

Through a hole in the Castle in SalobreƱa

No comments:

Post a Comment