"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Bye Bye Norway

Bergen, Norway
I have spent a better part of the last six months looking forward to my solitary cruise, just like I have done the last three years. I pick a wonderful place in Europe to get on a cruise and then go to other wonderful places. This year I picked Norway. It was all set up. The airlines tickets were booked. The cruise was paid for. Then I happened to notice a major reduction in the fare for a Transatlantic from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona. The only problem was I would get back home and have to leave again eight days later. Not only would it be exhausting, it would be way too expensive.


Seven Sisters waterfall

So I did something totally unexpected. I began the process of canceling my Norway cruise, so I can travel with my husband and our 19 year old niece on a Transatlantic cruise. I am so psyched. Canceling and moving the money for the cruise was fairly painless. There was only a small amount of money that needs credited back to us. But the airlines tickets were not easy. Being that I booked in Mexico on American, it will take about 6 weeks for me to get the taxes back.


Old Bergen

So Norway, I will miss you this time. We must meet at a later date. More to follow on our upcoming Transatlantic cruise!

No comments:

Post a Comment