"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Friday, March 21, 2014

Palma de Mallorca: Here We Come

Palma de Mallorca Cathedral at night

I am so looking forward to finally visiting Palma de Mallorca. I have been contemplating going there for almost two years. As I mentioned before, I planned to see this wonderful island on my repositioning cruise from Barcelona to Dover in 2011, but now I will get to go there on a western Transatlantic this April. 


Cathedral interior Palma de Mallorca
One of the highlights of this cruise is visiting the La Seu Cathedral. It looks absolutely amazing both inside and out. More information on this wonderful Cathedral can be found here. Thank you, wikipedia! It is built on the site of a pre-existing Arab mosque. I believe gargoyles would be very happy here. It is a wonderful example of many types of architecture, mostly Gothic, and Cathedrals are so spiritual. I love to sit and contemplate a spell.



No comments:

Post a Comment