"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Cruising Solo: Sorrento

Me at a lovely restaurant in Sorrento

Cruising solo is always interesting and fun, at least for me. I get to meet a whole lot of people I probably wouldn't otherwise. On my last solo cruise on the Norwegian Jade, I ate most of my meals alone. Sometimes I brought my Kindle, other times I chatted across tables with other cruisers. 


Fellow cruiser from Norwegian Jade

Another fellow cruiser from Norwegian Jade

I met a lovely couple at lunch on a tour of Sorrento and a boat tour from Salerno to Amalfi and back. I don't remember their names, but I do remember their kindness and their unique story. They live in northern California and buy condo buildings and refurbish them. We had more fun discussing the pros and cons of the different cruise lines. Like me, they are avid travelers and love to cruise as well. We just hit it off for that one fab lunch. I never saw them again after that.

I also took a lot of great photos at Sorrento. We did a walking tour and it is full of gorgeous architecture.


Architectural detail from a Church at Sorrento


One of my favorite photos
This photo is so amazing! I took it as a gentleman was running in to the Church, not to be late for Mass.

More architectural goodies from Sorrento to follow! 


No comments:

Post a Comment