"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Holland America: Towel Animals


Flying pig?

There are so many wonderful things about sailing with Holland America. I know from the cruise critic board, that HAL is not for everybody but it is for me. I like that the crowd is older and there aren't many children. I like that we turn in early. I don't go to the discos or shows anyway after being so tuckered out from the day tours. I love the art and the gorgeous flower arrangements. I love the tradition and the creative furniture. I love the cabin stewards from the Philippines and Indonesia that are so nice and normally have been on HAL ships for a long time. They know the ship and are well-trained.


Scorpion?


One thing I really love that the stewards do is make those great towel animals. They tend to match the towel animal to my mood. If I am grumpy and tired, they might make me a scorpion. If I am playful and happy, I get a monkey hanging in my room when I come back from dinner. 


Definitely a monkey
I am not quite sure what the first towel animal in this post is. Does anybody know? Maybe a flying pig?

No comments:

Post a Comment