"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Archaeological Museum of Olympia: Part 2

Back by popular demand (thanks, Rob) .... revisiting the Archaeological Museum in Olympia


One of the most impressive museums I have been to in the world. The museum in Athens is much larger and is even more impressive, but the museum at Olympia is awesome. It actually makes sense of the archaeological site. Some of our cruise  mates did not visit the museum and were a touch disappointed in the tour. It was the highlight of our visit to Olympia for me.






More information on the museum can be found here. These are just a few of the wonderful things you can find. The museum is not big, but it is really special. Let's all support Greece and visit there this year. They could use the economy boost. It is a beautiful country, especially the islands. A few of the great things to see below ....













No comments:

Post a Comment