"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Katakolon: the port of Olympia



Katakolon port



Holland America Noordam in the port of Katakolon


The port city of Katakolon, Greece is the gateway to Olympia. In an earlier post, I suggested get out of the port as quickly as possible and run don't walk to Olympia. But looking back on the photos of this picturesque port, I think I was wrong. It is worth its own look and linger. Okay, sure it doesn't have the history of the Olympic Games, but it has its own charm.


My niece Sarah






I will let the photos speak for themselves. It truly is a room with a view.  


Room with a view
Cute restaurant
More information on the port of Katakolon can be found on this website.

2 comments:

  1. That is some room with a view. You had another room with a view in another post. Where was that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Combarro,Galicia, Spain. Thanks for remembering. :)

    ReplyDelete